- 185 ml frozen Florida orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 60 ml vinegar
- 60 ml olive oil
- 60 ml water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 300 g mixed salad greens, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 3 Florida oranges or 2 Florida grapefruit, peeled, sectioned and seeded
- 200 g peeled jicama, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
Prepare the Citrus Vinaigrette: In a screw-top jar, combine orange juice concentrate, vinegar, olive oil, water and pepper.Cover tightly and shake well; reserve.
In large salad bowl, combine mixed salad greens, orange or grapefruit sections, jicama and onion.Drizzle salad with desired amount of Citrus Vinaigrette; toss gently to coat salad.Serve immediately.Refrigerate remaining Citrus Vinaigrette.
©Florida Department of Citrus and Meredith Corporation.