- Lettuce leaves
- 300 g torn mixed salad greens
- 3 Florida grapefruit, peeled
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 (~170 g) cans crabmeat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed
- 1 small green sweet pepper, sliced into rings
- 50 g reduced-calorie mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 50 g plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 hard-boiled egg white, chopped
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- Few drops bottled hot pepper sauce
Line 4 individual plates with lettuce leaves; top with torn greens.Section grapefruit over a bowl to catch juice; set juice aside.Remove seeds from sections.Arrange grapefruit sections, tomatoes, crabmeat, and pepper rings on top of greens.
For dressing, in a bowl combine 2 tablespoons of the reserved grapefruit juice, the mayonnaise, yogurt, hard-boiled egg white, catsup, and hot pepper sauce.If desired, stir in additional grapefruit juice, 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency.Top each salad with some of the dressing mixture.