- 250 ml Florida grapefruit juice
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced ginger
- Zest and juice of 1/2 Florida orange
- 125 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 50 g sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Reduce by 50 percent over low heat (about 10 to 15 minutes).
Bring to room temperature, transfer to a glass jar, seal and store in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
In a saucepan coated lightly with oil over high heat, sauté the onions and ginger until soft, about 5 minutes.Add the orange zest and juice, soy sauce, grapefruit juice, and sugar and bring to a simmer.
Check for flavour.Immediately transfer to a blender and blend until almost smooth.Drizzle in oil.Do not blend until super smooth.
Makes 500 ml