- 250 ml Florida Orange Juice
- 8 each Florida Oranges, sliced in half
- 3 teaspoons Olive oil
- 25 g Shallots, minced
- 125 ml White wine
- 125 ml Double cream
- 110 g Butter, unsalted, room temperature
- 4 each Mahi-mahi, cut into 170 g pieces
- 200 g Florida Oranges, segmented
- 100 g Florida Grapefruits, segmented
- 50 g Red cabbage, thinly shaved
- 50 g Napa cabbage, thinly shaved
- 175 g Orange bell pepper, thin strips
In a 1-litre saucepan, reduce the orange juice to 60 ml.Allow to cool.
In a stainless steel bowl, combine the cooled reduced orange juice with the slaw ingredients.Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt, mix and keep cool.
In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, add 2 teaspoons olive oil; allow the oil to come up to its smoke point.Season the mahi-mahi with salt and pepper; sear flesh-side-down for 1 minute.Turn the fish, reduce the heat and cook until the fish is fully cooked (4–5 minutes).Place the fish on the plate.Equally portion the citrus slaw over the top.Spoon 2 tablespoons beurre blanc around fish and garnish with a charred orange.
Using a grill pan over high heat, char the oranges that have been cut in half.Once charred, remove and set aside.
In a separate 1-litre saucepan, add 1 teaspoon olive oil and minced shallots.Cook until translucent (approximately 1–2 minutes).Add the white wine and reduce until almost dry.Add the double cream and reduce by half.Squeeze 4 of the charred oranges into the double cream and reduce for another 2 minutes.Whisk in the butter and set aside over a warm water bath.