For the salsa
- 2 Florida Grapefruit, peeled and cut into segments, then diced
- 2 red onions, finely diced
- Red chilli, chopped
- 1 apple, core removed and diced
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For the fish finger
- 300g salmon fillet, skin removed
- 80g plain flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 150g panko breadcrumbs
- 4 slices rye bread
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
1. Place all of the salsa ingredients into a bowl and stir together. Season with a little salt and pepper before putting to one side to let the flavours marry together.
2. Put the flour, beaten egg, and bread crumbs into three separate bowls ready for the fish.
3. Cut the salmon into fish fingers, then roll in flour, dip in the beaten egg, and finally, roll in the bread crumbs.
4. Place the bread and salmon into a pre-heated air fryer and spray with 1 tsp of oil.
5. Cook for 10 minutes at 180c in the air fryer or if using a normal oven, cook in a pre-heated oven at 170c for 15 minutes. Once the fish fingers are golden and crisp, remove from the oven and serve in the rye bread spread with mayo, the Florida Grapefruit salsa, and baby spinach.
6. Finish the sandwich with an extra squeeze of Florida Grapefruit juice for that added zing!