- 200 g wheat berries
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt, plus extra for dressing
- 2 Florida Grapefruit, peeled with pith removed, sectioned with juice reserved
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 spring onions, sliced on the bias
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced into half moons
- 60 g chopped pecans
- 10 to 15 torn basil leaves
1. Place wheat berries and salt into a medium saucepan and cover with water by 2.5 centimetres. Place over high heat and bring to boil.
2. Reduce heat to maintain simmer and cook, covered for 45 to 60 minutes or until wheat berries are toothsome, yet tender, but not mushy.
3. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool.
4. Transfer to a large mixing bowl, and set aside.
5. Transfer the juice from the Florida Grapefruit to a small jar. Add vinegar, mustard, honey, olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place lid on jar and shake to combine.
6. Add to wheat berries and stir to combine.
7. Add spring onions, cucumber, pecans, and basil and stir to combine. Serve immediately.