- 2 large Florida Grapefruits, segmented and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 small heads of radicchio, roughly chopped
- 15 g carrots, thinly sliced
- 25 g scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 mint leaves
- 3 basil leaves
- 2 chiles, thinly sliced
- 30 g dry-roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 30 g coconut flakes, toasted
- Dressing, see recipe below
- Lime wedges for serving
- Olive oil
Coconut Rice Ingredients:
- 450 g jasmine rice
- 257 ml coconut milk
- 514 g water
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. coconut, shredded
- Coconut, toasted (for garnish)
- Scallions, thinly sliced
- Florida Grapefruit juice, reserved form segmented grapefruit
- 65 ml fish sauce
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- 3 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 garlic clove, smashed to a paste
1. Heat a non-stick skillet with a tablespoon of olive oil.
2. Add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper.
3. Saute until shrimp turns pink and opaque, approximately 3 minutes per side. Set aside.
4. Place the segmented Florida Grapefruit, radicchio, carrots, scallions, mint, basil leaves, and chiles in a large bowl. Save several Florida Grapefruit segments for garnish.
5. Add all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk until fully combined.
6. Add half of the dressing to the salad mix and toss lightly, reserving some dressing for serving on the side.
7. Rinse rice under cold water.
8. Add all coconut rice ingredients to a rice cooker. Cook rice accordingly.
9. Top cooked rice with toasted coconut and scallion.
10. Divide salad and shrimp amongst six plates on top of a bed of rice.
11. Garnish with Florida Grapefruit segments.
- For added flavour, top each serving with chopped peanuts and toasted coconut and serve with a wedge of lime.
- For a lighter option, substitute the jasmine rice with cauliflower rice.