- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 500 ml water, divided in two
- 1 (~450 g) bag frozen whole cranberries
- 130 g sugar
- 60 ml 100% Florida grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon grapefruit zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 fresh Florida grapefruit, peeled, segmented and diced
Dissolve cornstarch in 125 ml water; pour into a non-reactive saucepan and add 375 ml water, stirring to combine.Add cranberries, sugar, grapefruit juice, grapefruit zest and vanilla; stir to combine.Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture is very thick and liquid is clear.Remove from heat and stir in grapefruit segments.
Yield: Approx. 750 ml or 12 (~60 ml) servings
Serving Suggestion:Use Cranberry Grapefruit Compote to top waffles, pancakes, porridge, toast and scones.