Florida Grapefruit and Chicken Spring Rolls
For the Florida Grapefruit Chicken Spring Rolls:
- 2 Florida Grapefruit
- 2 small chicken fillets
- 2 carrots
- 2 avocados
- 2 little gem lettuce
- 1/4 red cabbage
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 1 bunch of mint
- 60g of rice vermicelli
- 12 rice paper rolls
- Sesame seeds (for garnish, optional)
For the sauce:
- Florida Grapefruit Juice
- 6 tablespoons of peanut butter (smooth)
- 1 tablespoon of brown or muscovado sugar
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 good drizzle of Sriracha hot sauce (to adjust according to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|45 minutes||15 minutes||1 hour|
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
2. Peel and cut the cabbage into thin strips, the avocados into sticks and the carrots into thin sticks. Thin out the gem lettuce, coriander and mint.
3. Place the chicken fillets in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
4. Soak the rice vermicelli in lukewarm water for 4-5 minutes and then drain them.
5. Meanwhile peel and cut the Florida Grapefruit into segments. Keep the Florida Grapefruit juice aside for the sauce.
6. Shape the rolls: Position yourself so that you can run each sheet of rice under water for 1 or 2 seconds and then place it on a clean tea towel.
7. Once the rice paper is on the tea towel, sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional) then place a little of each ingredient in the center of the leaf. Wrap the bottom side first towards the center, then fold the two left and right sides to the center. Finish rolling by tightening to the top of the rice paper.
8. For the sauce, peel and de-stem the garlic. Chop it up. Combine all the ingredients in a blender, then serve the sauce in small containers.