- Segmented Florida Grapefruit
- 225 g caster sugar
- 180 g bicarbonate of soda
1. Wash Florida Grapefruit with bicarbonate of soda in a small bowl.
2. Peel off the outer skin.
3. Segment the Florida Grapefruit.
4. Remove any remaining skin (including interior skin elements).
5. Add the segments of the Florida Grapefruit into the jar until it fills a layer. Then place sugar across the top of the Florida Grapefruit. Repeat developing Grapefruit / Sugar layers until the jar is filled. The final layer should be sugar.
6. Seal jar and leave on the counter at room temperature for one day.
7. After a full day at room temperature, place the jar in a refrigerator for seven days.
8. After seven days of refrigeration, the Chung is ready to enjoy!