Pitta Bread Ingredients
- 450g strong bread flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 7g dried yeast
- 10g salt
- 300ml water
- 2 tbsp black and white sesame seeds
- 2 Florida Grapefruit
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 red chilli (seeds removed and chopped)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander
1. Place the following ingredients into a large mixing bowl: flour, oil, dried yeast, salt, water, and sesame seeds.
2. Mix together until you form a soft ball of dough; then, transfer to a clean work surface lightly floured and knead for 10 minutes until smooth and stretchy.
3. Return the dough to the mixing bowl, cover, and leave to prove until it doubles in size.
4. Once proved, scoop the dough out and divide into 8-10 portions. Roll each portion out into an oval shape approximately 1cm thick.
5. Cook the bread in a large nonstick frying pan until golden on each side; then, remove and leave to cool while you make the dip.
6. To make the dip, place the avocado, chilli, extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper into a pestle and mortar and smash together with the zest of the Florida Grapefruit.
7. Finish the guacamole with a good squeeze of Florida Grapefruit and a sprinkle of fresh coriander.