Alaska Sockeye Salmon Burger Served with a Florida Grapefruit and Tarragon Burger Sauce
- 550g Alaska Sockeye Salmon, skin removed and cut into chunks
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 thumb of ginger, peeled and chopped roughly
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
For the sauce
- 1 Florida Grapefruit
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 125g salted butter
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- Black pepper
- 4 brioche burger buns
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly and soaked in the juice of 1 lime
1. Place the salmon into a food processor with the garlic, ginger, and parsley.
2. Season with a little salt.
3. Blend together until it forms a mince.
4. Using wet hands, shape into 4 equal portions and into burgers.
5. Heat the oil in a medium-sized frying pan and cook the burgers for 4-5 minutes on each side.
6. To make the burger sauce, place the egg yolks into a bowl with the mustard, tarragon, and the zest and juice from the Florida Grapefruit.
7. Heat the butter in the microwave until it is bubbling, then carefully pour in slowly over the egg yolks while whisking together until it comes together as a sauce.
8. Once the sauce has thickened, season with a little black pepper and set aside.
9. When the burgers are cooked, place in the brioche buns with the pickled red onions and the burger sauce.