Ingredients for 4 sandwiches
- 2 Florida Grapefruit
- 4 hot dog buns
- 800g cooked pink shrimp
- 1 bunch of chives
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 1 teaspoon of sriracha sauce (to taste)
- Salt and pepper
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|25 minutes||2 minutes||27 minutes|
1. Start by peeling and cutting the Florida Grapefruit into segments and then cutting them in half.
2. Peel all the shrimp and cut them into thirds.
3. In a bowl, prepare the mayonnaise by first mixing the mustard and egg yolk, and then adding the sunflower oil as you go. Once it is ready, add the sriracha sauce as desired.
4. Wash and finely chop the chives. Save a small handful for garnishing. Mix the rest with the mayonnaise.
5. In a clean pan, lightly brown the inside of each hot dog bun.
6. Mix the mayonnaise with the shrimp, then fill the hot dog buns with the filling, and add the Florida Grapefruit pieces on top.
7. Finish with a sprinkling of chopped chives.
Enjoy immediately to prevent the rolls from getting soggy.
Alternative: For more deliciousness, you can replace the hot dog buns with brioche bread bought at your bakery. In this case, butter each side and then brown them in a pan.