Ingredients for 4 persons
- 2 Florida Grapefruit
- 12 scallops (ask your fishmonger for the empty shells to prepare them)
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 small bunch of fresh coriander
- 15g of butter
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of sherry vinegar
- Salt and pepper
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|30 minutes||3 minutes||33 minutes|
1. Start by peeling and cutting the Florida Grapefruit into segments. Squeeze the remaining grapefruit and reserve the juice.
2. Wash and finely chop the fennel. In a bowl, mix it with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 3 tablespoons of sherry vinegar, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Mix and add the fresh coriander. Keep a few leaves for garnishing.
4. In a hot frying pan, drizzle with olive oil, then sear the scallops for 1 minute on each side.
5. Remove the scallops from the pan, then deglaze with the Florida Grapefruit juice. Let it simmer slightly, and add the butter to make the sauce. Add salt and pepper.
6. Put a tablespoon of fennel salad in the washed shell, place 3 scallops, and coat them with the grapefruit butter.
7. Finish with a few coriander leaves and pieces of fresh grapefruit.
Enjoy your meal!