For the crepe batter:
- 500g of flour
- 1L of milk
- 4 eggs
- 40g of melted butter
- 1 vanilla pod
- 50g of powdered sugar
For the sauce:
- 2 Florida Grapefruit
- 30g of caster sugar
- 30g of honey
- 40g of butter
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|1 hour30 minutes||30 minutes||2 hours|
1. In a large bowl, mix the sifted flour with half the milk so that the flour integrates without creating lumps.
2. Add the eggs one by one and mix. Add the vanilla, melted butter, and sugar. Add the second half of the milk. Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
3. Cook the crepes then stack them as you go, sprinkling a little sugar between each crepe and let them cool, covered.
4. You can cut the Florida Grapefruit into segments and collect the juice. Squeeze the second Florida Grapefruit.
5. Cook the sugar in a pan with the Florida Grapefruit juice and honey. As soon as the juice becomes denser, add the soft butter and whisk.
6. Serve the crepes by basting them with hot sauce or you can heat them directly on the pan with the sauce.
Serve them with fresh Florida Grapefruit segments to add a little pep to your dessert.