- 1 baguette, sliced on the bias
- 2 to 3 whole garlic cloves, peeled, cut in half
- 3 to 4 ripe Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 225 g chopped Florida grapefruit sections
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- 20 g chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grapefruit segments, optional for garnish
- Coriander sprigs, optional
Preheat oven to 180° C. Place baguette slices on a baking tray and toast for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown.Rub the toasted side of the bread with the cut side of the garlic cloves; reserve.
In medium bowl, combine tomatoes, grapefruit, avocado, red onion, coriander, olive oil, salt and pepper; toss gently to combine.Spoon grapefruit mixture over prepared bruschetta.Garnish with fresh grapefruit segments and coriander, if desired.