- 2 Florida Grapefruit
- 600g fresh salmon fillet
- 150g soft brown sugar
- 150g salt
- 1 big bunch of fresh dill (chopped)
- 1 sliced rye bread or bagels
- 100ml sour cream
1. Mix together the sugar and salt; then, add the chopped dill.
2. Zest both Florida Grapefruit over the top and mix together well with your hands so that all the flavours get evenly distributed.
3. Place a handful of the mixture onto a large piece of baking parchment, approximately the same size as the salmon.
4. Lay the fish onto the salt and sugar mixture; then, cover with the remaining mix and pat it down so that all the salmon is covered.
5. Fold the salmon up inside the paper and put on a plate in the fridge for 48 hours.
6. When the salmon has cured, remove from the fridge and wash away the remaining salt.
7. Carefully, slice the salmon nice and thin before serving with the rye bread or bagels and sour cream.
8. Don’t forget to finish with an extra squeeze of Florida Grapefruit for a citrus twist.