For Florida Grapefruit Sorbet:
- 240 ml freshly squeezed Florida Grapefruit Juice
- 1 tsp. of grated Florida Grapefruit zest
- 2 tbsp. of Florida Orange Juice
- 250 g caster sugar
- 294 ml water
1. In a pot over medium-high heat, bring the Florida Grapefruit zest, sugar and water to a boil, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves.
2. Remove the pot from the heat and let it cool for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the Florida Grapefruit Juice and Florida Orange Juice.
4. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl and set it aside to cool.
5. Cover and refrigerate the sorbet base until it is thoroughly chilled, at least 4 hours.
6. Transfer the chilled sorbet into a tightly sealed container and freeze until ready to serve.