- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 180 g dry quinoa
- 55 g sliced almonds
- 65 g pine nuts
- 2 medium green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- 250-375 ml 100% Florida grapefruit juice, divided
- 250-375 ml chicken stock, divided
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium Florida grapefruit, segmented, chopped
Add 1-½ green onions, 250 ml grapefruit juice, 250 ml chicken stock, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper; stir to combine.Bring to a boil; reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes.Stir occasionally and add additional grapefruit juice and chicken stock, if needed.
In medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; add quinoa.Cook, stirring until quinoa begins to turn golden brown (about 5 minutes).Add almonds and pine nuts; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes until nuts are toasted.
Remove from heat; stir in grapefruit and remaining ½ green onion; cover and let sit for 5 minutes.Fluff with fork and serve.